Monday, January 26, 2009

Hard times in 2009: The fault, dear Brutus, is not in the stars

KUNG HEI FAT CHOI!

The year of the earth ox ushers in. Feng Shui experts are predicting on TV that it'll be a tough year ahead. Save for the lucky people under Dragon and Snake signs.

Even though I don't have any drop of Chinese blood circulating in my veins, I eagerly watched GMA 7's popular TV show Mel & Joey as they invited two Feng Shui experts on the set to talk about what's in store for all animal signs.

I'm a Rabbit and according to the experts, I should be wary of opportunists and that I should watch both my wealth and health (err... wealth? where is it?). They said Rabbits won't be as lucky this year but anything can be overcome with fervent prayer. Cheers to that!

Also, what I noticed was that the experts kept on emphasizing that apart from prayers, doing charity works would tremendously turn around your supposed bad luck. Good karma, I would call it.

They also advised using good luck charms like crystals and precious stones to repel illnesses, bad energy and the likes.

I felt uncomfortable whenever they uttered stuff like "This is not your lucky year," or "Beware of this and that."

True, we could all use a little warning.

But whatever the stars tell us, I still prefer to believe the famous line from a Shakespeare masterpiece when Julius Ceasar said, "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves, that we are underlings."

No comments:

Post a Comment