I can't help but frown when I hear news about massive retrenchments and soaring unemployment statistics in the country. It's very discomforting even to a stay-at-home mom like me.
I scoured the internet to find some good news despite the bad economy so we could stop fretting about job loses and the many consequences they bring.
Here's what I found:
1. At least 1,000 jobs are waiting to be filled at the Philippine Coast Guard. Join the 4,000 existing coast guards in protecting our territory. This could be your break, who knows?
2. The government is seriously bent on helping the private industry in preserving and generating more jobs through a multi-sectoral job summit tomorrow at Malacanang. This is one step to save more companies from closing and more jobs from losing. DOLE said up to 500 firms have already closed in the country due to the ailing global economy.
3. Thousands of job opportunities are waiting to be grabbed over jobstreet. Sign up for an account to get updates on job and career opportunities, among others.
4. The Philippine banking system remains sound...at least compared to its foreign counterparts.
5. RP remains to be the top outsourcing destination due to its large pool of English-speaking workers.
6. There are still demands for some 389,000 jobs for skilled and unskilled workers. A lot of them are in the Middle East.
7. Planning to work abroad? Check out POEA for job listings, requirements, scam alert and all you need to know to avoid wasting money, time and effort to illegal recruiters.